Happily Ever After... And Then Some.

Our Storybook, one page at a time.

Thursday, June 09, 2005

bits and pieces

one of our principal sponsors has given us an early wedding gift - a week's stay at the peninsula after the wedding! it was such a sweet gesture, since she had apparently been exchanging emails with my mom and sister, so that they could give her the rates of the different hotels in makati. my mom finally croaked and told me about it because she was making me kulit about our still-magulo schedule after the wedding.

*********

i finally found an editor for our wedding avp! found him on the weddings@work classifieds and met up with him, was impressed by his samples since it's not the usual ho-hum photo album set with dissolve and fade effects. i'll be giving him all the files and storyboard by july - yikes, i hope i meet my own deadline! funny enough, his day job is in marketing so he's pretty familiar with advertising terms AND knows how to follow a creative brief - definite plus points in my book!

*********

our invitations are finally being printed, folded, and assembled. it takes a relatively longer time for us to approve fonts and layouts thanks to the time difference - but we're finally done with it. now on with the gruesome task of finalizing our ballooning guest list.

kainis, i feel like a ditz with Excel pa naman. i think in MS Word, not in columns, rows, and sort.

*********

i've been having a great time at my new job, thank you very much. last tuesday was my first official function as part of the team - found myself in their part of the gallery during the Creative Guild awards ceremony. best of all, i came in at a perfect time - this weekend is their company outing and i'm on the list to bora!

i just have to say - the Creative Guild show was entertaining, save for Phoemela Baranda - she really should just be a print or ramp model and stop embarassing herself by being a host.

hmm, the wedding-related part of this tidbit is that it actually makes me sad when i realize that i won't be counting years or awards with them, as i'll be moving to vancouver to be with aldo pretty soon - depending on when my visa comes out of course. meantime, i'm having a blast and enjoying every JO, creative brief, and brainstorming session that comes my way!