Happily Ever After... And Then Some.

Our Storybook, one page at a time.

Thursday, April 27, 2006

it's just a spoon

The principal of the 387-student Roxboro school said he explained his position on using two utensils to Gallardo during their telephone conversation. “I said, ‘Here, this is not the manner in which we eat.’

“I don’t necessarily want students to eat with one hand or with only one instrument, I want them to eat intelligently at the table,” he said. “I want them to eat correctly with respect for others who are eating with them. That’s all I ask. Personally, I don’t have any problems with it, but it is not the way you see people eat every day. I have never seen somebody eat with a spoon and a fork at the same time.”


this is quite disturbing... and to think, the school principal is filipino!

it's funny how some pinoys turn bonkers once they step out of the philippines - as if acting like jerks makes them more a part of the culture they so want to identify with! i'm so sure - in that school principal's home there is a tabo in the bathroom, spoons on the dinner table, and longganisa in the freezer. tsk, tsk, tsk.

besides... who needs a spoon if all you eat for lunch is a sandwich or meat and potatoes - so why compare asians with caucasians? the dimwit should have thought about that.