Happily Ever After... And Then Some.

Our Storybook, one page at a time.

Friday, September 24, 2004

shutterspeeds and clicks



Posted by Hello

Finding a photographer has been one tedious but fun wedding task for me. Since January, I've been compiling photographers' names and websites, rates, and reviewing supplier ratings from brides over at weddings at work. I've bookmarked about 20 sites, e-mailed around 5 photographers, and took note of around 15 webshots albums. (Hmm, telltale signs of a stalker!). After 8 months of pouring through websites, albums, magazines, and even stock photography, I finally made up my mind on who I want... my vote (based on talent + budget of course) goes to Terry Uy and John Mateos Ong.

The next, more difficult task however, was to get Aldo's approval. Since he's a photographer and an art director as well, he's harder to please, plus he gets all technical on me when it comes to photo quality. After showing him works of one photographer after another, he finally found 4 that he liked: Lito Sy, Jorge Maniquis, Eddie Boy Escudero, and Terry Uy. But when we started gathering their rates, I found Lito Sy too steep, and Jorge Maniquis too ordinary for his rate (his website photos are awesome, but his photo coverage isn't that exciting). Eddie Boy Escudero, on the other hand, only does film photography so Aldo won't be able to manipulate those photos as well as the digital ones.

John Mateos Ong has been really patient in answering all my questions. I think I must have been exchanging e-mails with him since July... he must think I'm so kulit by now. The nicest thing is, he is accommodating enough to make me a deal that's really fit for someone so indecisive like me.

I sent Terry Uy an SMS today, and although a co-w@wie said he's in London for a holiday, he replied! Even funnier, he was boarding a plane so after 2 questions he had to tell me he was turning his phone off. Now how pro is that! I'm definitely impressed!

If all wedding suppliers were this nice, then it should be like collecting friends in the coming months!