Happily Ever After... And Then Some.

Our Storybook, one page at a time.

Saturday, January 15, 2005

the search is almost over

After months of listing down potential gown designers, I trimmed the list down and visited the Trends Wedding Shoppe at Galleria and met their designer Susie Bonaobra. I've seen her work on past brides, and also in a shop at The Podium and I was impressed because of their simplicity and craftsmanship - so I decided to see her.

Displayed in her shop is a really pretty but simple gown made of duchesse silk with a strapless top and a ball gown silhouette. I immediately fell in love with it, and when I was discussing the packages with one of the assistants I was surprised that it wouldn't cost me an arm and a leg to have a gown just like it! Plus, there was a fitting session that day for a pink entourage - I loved how she executed the color theme, and it was pink pa!

When it was apparently obvious that I was interested in getting them, the assistant (totally forgot her name!) led me to the designer-assistant who sketched a gown for me. Based on it, they gave me a cost and told me which package I would fit in. Their packages are pretty flexible, as they said we can customize my package if the need arises. Tempted though as I was, I held back signing a contract or giving a downpayment, and just told them I'd keep in touch. Hehehe.

So my sister and I went around Galleria and after 30 minutes, I had a few questions in my mind and decided to go back to Trends. Luckily, Susie wasn't busy with a client so I was able to speak to her. She's very easy to talk to, and more importantly, she doesn't sell herself too much and it looks like she's used to makulit brides and moms. She also looks like someone who can easily pacify a frazzled bride - which is a definite plus for me. I just hope she isn't one of those designers with a bad reputation! If everything works out, she just got herself a new bride!

Having someone design a gown specifically for me made me giddy... probably one of those feelings associated to being a bride. If I'll have more of those moments, then by all means... bring it on! Too bad grooms don't get much of that... or maybe their giddyness comes from seeing their brides getting giddy. Hmm, talo yata si Aldo in that aspect since we're working on wedding stuff separately... LOL.