Happily Ever After... And Then Some.

Our Storybook, one page at a time.

Monday, May 07, 2007

our search for daycare

To say that Vancouver has a daycare problem is a big understatement. Almost all the big and established daycare centers are FULLY booked - for years in fact. I once called a popular daycare to place Amori in their waiting list and to my horror, the person I was speaking to said the current list has 300+ kids in line!

I’ve been looking for one since October last year and to this day – nothing. I've been depending on online resources since the child care referral agencies seem to be closing down one by one. I've come across daycare in Hamilton and tried my luck - lo and behold, I found a few places around here. At least I don’t have to literally roam the streets and knock on family daycare homes because they have great search features using postal codes and child age. It actually narrows down the number of people I have to call/beg/charm.

Wish me luck. I need lots of it.

Labels: , ,