Happily Ever After... And Then Some.

Our Storybook, one page at a time.

Monday, October 11, 2004

baby steps to vanity



I have never been a vain girl. In high school, I wasn't one of those girls who spent half of lunch break in the washrooms with their big kikay kits... nor did I remotely care about my weight or my hair when prom was fast approaching. Even in college, I never wore face powder or lipstick to class. I was the jeans-kamisetashirt-sneakers-backpack kind of girl. My only remote attempt at vanity was bringing a brush, Evian face spray (during summer), and a bottle of cologne in the car. It wasn't any Gabriella sign of feminism - I just couldn't care less.

But weddings (or is it age), I have realized, change all that. Since I will inevitably be the center of attention on my wedding day, not to mention tons of photos, I've decided to kick my vanity level up a notch. No sense in being frumpy on my wedding day - unless I decide to get married in jeans of course.

No, I do not walk around with make-up paraphernalia that can rival a MAC counter nor do I go to work with full make-up on... it's not that drastic. Call me a late bloomer, but in the past few months, I have religiously put on moisturizer, learned how to occasionally put on make-up (and that just means powder, blush, and lipstick), and started dabbling on physical activities to lose my baby fat (ha! does it still fall under baby fat?!?). So far, it has been fun, especially all the physical activities - bikram yoga, badminton, football, and now wall climbing. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that moving back to Manila won't be a speedbump!