Happily Ever After... And Then Some.

Our Storybook, one page at a time.

Friday, October 15, 2004

prenuptial pick-me-up



As a soon-to-bid-goodbye gift, M gave me Wedding Zen: Calming Wisdom for the Bride. It's a pretty compact yet comprehensive book, with chapters ranging from how to simplify wedding planning, to how to deal with your Maid of Honor's ugly date. In true Zen tradition, the author doesn't need a lot of words to convey what she means -- bottomline is, it's your wedding and the most important thing is what you and your fiance want.

Funny how sometimes we get caught up in all the frills - color, cake, flowers, save the date cards, invitations, etcetera, etcetera - when all we need are the basics. I used to think that since I'm not much of a frou-frou girl, planning my wedding should be straightforward... but 6 months into it, I've already badgered Aldo about deadlines, schedules, and layouts without realizing it. Ugh. New mantra: simplify.

I agree with the synopsis: it is a great prenuptial pick-me-up and reminder to focus on what is important. Thanks a bunch M! I'll definitely throw my bouquet in your direction!